New England Patriots vs Pittsburgh Steelers Final Score and Betting Result
By Gus Morse on 2010-11-15 11:10:57
PITTSBURGH, PA - Tom Brady yet again showed his abundance of quality when his passionate display guided the Pats to a 39-26 win over the Steelers. New England were 4.5 point underdogs for last night`s match-up, priced at 9/5 (bet $5 to make $9 profit) and Pittsburgh is no easy place to go, especially as an underdog, and it required a lot of Brady`s magic to see the Patriots through this one.
Brady maintained his mastery of the Steelers, throwing three touchdown passes to tight end Rob Gronkowski and scoring once himself, and the Patriots bounced back from a humbling 20-point loss by beating the Steelers 39-26 .
No NFL team wins more on its home field than Pittsburgh, but no opposing player wins there like Brady, who has won six of seven overall against the Steelers and four of five at Heinz Field. He was 30 of 43 for 350 yards with no sacks or interceptions, and now has 14 career TD throws and three interceptions against the Steelers.
Pittsburgh (6-3), its normally dominating defense shredded by Brady during its second home-field loss this season, drops back into a first-place tie with Baltimore in the AFC North. The Steelers played most of the game without wide receiver Hines Ward (concussion), whose streak of 186 consecutive games with a reception ended.
Brady threw only one incompletion during a 70-yard drive on New England`s first possession that ended with his 19-yard TD throw to Gronkowski, a rookie who played his high school senior season in Pittsburgh.
New England started the second half with a near-identical 78-yard drive that Brady finished off with a 9-yard throw to Gronkowski, making it 17-3 and silencing a partisan crowd of 64,359 that rarely sees a rival quarterback being so effective and efficient.
As good as ever against Pittsburgh, Brady was more emotional than usual -- screaming during huddles, yelling at linemen for penalties -- perhaps reflecting his unhappiness at losing 34-14 the week before at Cleveland.
All three of Pittsburgh`s touchdowns came in the fourth quarter, with Roethlisberger (30 of 49, 387 yards) also finding Wallace on scoring passes of 15 and 33 yards.
It was the first matchup in 25 years of multiple Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks and it was clear Tom Brady came out on top last night. The Patriots improve to 7-2, which gives them a share of the AFC East lead with the Jets. The Patriots are now priced at 19/20 on Betfair to win the AFC East, 11/2 with totesport to win the AFC Conference and they are best priced at 19/2 on Betfair to win the Super Bowl.
Open an account with BetUSA and get a free 20% sign up bonus and great free bet offers!
- Indian Premier League: Kolkata Knight Riders v Delhi Daredevils Odds and Betting Preview
- Indian Premier League: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Mumbai Indians Odds and Betting Preview
- Indian Premier League: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Odds and Betting Preview
- Indian Premier League: Chennai Super Kings v Kings XI Punjab Odds and Betting Preview
- City Drift To 6-1 For Title After Being Held By Sunderland
- Betfred unmoved by Sandiva success
- Indian Premier League: Delhi Daredevils v Royal Challengers Bangalore Odds and Betting Preview
- £3m Scoop6 highlight of totepool Easter eggstravaganza
- Arsenal's Odds Shorten For Top Four Finish
- Messi Back To His Best In El Clasico? Real Madrid 14/1 For Trophy Treble