Dallas Cowboys vs Green Bay Packers : Final Score and Betting Result
By Gus Morse on 2010-11-08 10:56:33
GREEN BAY, WI - The Dallas Cowboys were on the wrong end of a Green Bay rout at Lambeau Field where they lost last night 45-7. The Packers were eight-point favorites, priced at 10/11 (bet £11 to make £10 profit), and they warranted that spread as their offence hit overtime and blew away the Cowboys, whose season goes from bad to worse as they now sit bottom of NFC East with a record of 1-7.
Only Carolina can boast such a bad record in the NFC, but Dallas can take a shred of comfort from the fact that Buffalo are 0-8. The Cowboys were long-shots at 3/1 on the money line and they showed everyone just why they justified such a long price, putting up very little resistance in the face of the Packers onslaught.
Rodgers completed 27 of 34 passes for 289 yards and three touchdowns and receivers Greg Jennings and James Jones embarrassed the Cowboys secondary by combining for 15 catches, 203 yards and two touchdowns.
Screen passes. Blitz-beaters. Slants. Touch passes down the sideline. Bullets over the middle.Whatever Rodgers threw seemed to wind up in the hands of one of the Packers, and that has to say something about the Cowboys` defence. Yesterday`s rout has left the Dallas defence as the second most point leaking defence in the league, 0.1 points per game behind Buffalo.
After a scoreless first quarter, the Packers exploded for 28 points in the second quarter to take a 28-7 halftime lead. Green Bay converted 7 of 8 third downs (88 percent) and Rodgers was 16 for 18 for 174 yards and two touchdowns.
Green Bay completed the scoring with a touchdown in the third and a touchdown and a field goal in the fourth. The bad news for Dallas is that this rout didn`t look like it would be a one off. It is true to say that Green Bay have a very strong offensive unit led by one of the best quarterbacks in the league, but any offence is going to look good if Dallas continue to play as they have been.
Open an account with BetUSA and get a free 20% sign up bonus and great free bet offers!
- Vulpine aim to raise £500,000 for further expansion
- Premier League Favourites Man City 80/1 To Go Unbeaten As Big Two Win
- Scoop6 unclaimed after Ajaya success
- Transfer update - Neymar 10/1 for United - Stones odds-onto sign for Chelsea again
- Matter Of Tyne? - Rooney 2/1 To Outscore Newcastle
- Man City 5/4 Favourites For Title - Chelsea 10/11 To FinishTrophy-Less
- Happy Monday For Manchester As City Overtake Chelsea
- Same Old Arsenal, Always Flattering? Gunners Drift For Title
- Premier League Relegation - New Kids On The Block 13/2 To Hang Tough
- Ambitious Boro & Derby Dominate Championship As Kick Off Looms