Dallas Cowboys vs Green Bay Packers : Final Score and Betting Result
By Gus Morse on 2010-11-08 10:56:33
GREEN BAY, WI - The Dallas Cowboys were on the wrong end of a Green Bay rout at Lambeau Field where they lost last night 45-7. The Packers were eight-point favorites, priced at 10/11 (bet £11 to make £10 profit), and they warranted that spread as their offence hit overtime and blew away the Cowboys, whose season goes from bad to worse as they now sit bottom of NFC East with a record of 1-7.
Only Carolina can boast such a bad record in the NFC, but Dallas can take a shred of comfort from the fact that Buffalo are 0-8. The Cowboys were long-shots at 3/1 on the money line and they showed everyone just why they justified such a long price, putting up very little resistance in the face of the Packers onslaught.
Rodgers completed 27 of 34 passes for 289 yards and three touchdowns and receivers Greg Jennings and James Jones embarrassed the Cowboys secondary by combining for 15 catches, 203 yards and two touchdowns.
Screen passes. Blitz-beaters. Slants. Touch passes down the sideline. Bullets over the middle.Whatever Rodgers threw seemed to wind up in the hands of one of the Packers, and that has to say something about the Cowboys` defence. Yesterday`s rout has left the Dallas defence as the second most point leaking defence in the league, 0.1 points per game behind Buffalo.
After a scoreless first quarter, the Packers exploded for 28 points in the second quarter to take a 28-7 halftime lead. Green Bay converted 7 of 8 third downs (88 percent) and Rodgers was 16 for 18 for 174 yards and two touchdowns.
Green Bay completed the scoring with a touchdown in the third and a touchdown and a field goal in the fourth. The bad news for Dallas is that this rout didn`t look like it would be a one off. It is true to say that Green Bay have a very strong offensive unit led by one of the best quarterbacks in the league, but any offence is going to look good if Dallas continue to play as they have been.
Open an account with BetUSA and get a free 20% sign up bonus and great free bet offers!
- FIFA President: Platini Favourite - Will Blatter Go Quietly?
- Lions Tamer Without Benteke & Delph As Villa Cut For Relegation
- Ladbrokes: Farron huge favourite for Lib Dem crown: Bookies issue odds on margin of victory.
- Betting Opened On European Capital Of Culture 2020
- Tsipras odds-on (8/11) to leave this year - Grexit odds hit all time low (1/12)
- Laura Kuenssberg new BBC Political Editor favourite - odds slashed from 3/1 to 6/4
- Defeated Murray 4/9 Not To Add To His Solitary Wimbledon Success
- Scoop6 worth £250,000 on jam-packed Saturday
- Cabaye 2/1 To Score & Eagles To Soar?
- Landale heads BBC Political Editor betting; Isabel Hardmantipped as outside bet.