Greeks Tipped To Lead Euro Tragedy
By Sarah Preece on 2010-05-24 11:31:03
(24 May 2010) Paddy Power are taking bets on which country will be first to jump ship on the beleaguered Euro. Bankrupt Greece, having just received a multi-billion euro bailout from its European partners, is the bookies 11/8 favourite followed by Portugal at 13/8.
Ireland is joint third-favourite at odd of 8/1 alongside Spain and Italy. Europe`s currency has lost 6.5 percent this year, based on Bloomberg Correlation-Weighted Indexes. The dollar has risen 9.3 percent, and the yen has advanced 13 percent.
Paddy Power also have odds on when the Euro will reach parity with the US Dollar with 2011 now a quite likely 5/2 shot. Paddy Power said “As rumours spread about how several countries are keen to quit the euro its becoming increasing likely that the 16-nation currency may soon unravel”
First Country to Leave the Euro
- 11/8 Greece
- 13/8 Portugal
- 8/1 Spain
- 8/1 Italy
- 8/1 Ireland
- 12/1 Germany
- 12/1 France
- 14/1 Slovakia
- 14/1 Slovenia
- 16/1 Cyprus
- 16/1 Malta
- 20/1 Austria
- 20/1 Belgium
- 20/1 Finland
- 20/1 Luxembourg
- 20/1 Netherlands
Euro to reach parity with Dollar
- 10/1 Euro to reach parity with the Dollar by the end of 2010
- 5/2 Euro to reach parity with the Dollar by the end of 2011
- 11/8 Euro to reach parity with the Dollar by the end of 2012
- 6/5 Euro to reach parity with the Dollar by the end of 2013
- Fat Chance? Rafa & Jose 7/2 To Be Grouped Together In ChampionsLeague
- FIFA President: Platini Favourite - Will Blatter Go Quietly?
- Lions Tamer Without Benteke & Delph As Villa Cut For Relegation
- Ladbrokes: Farron huge favourite for Lib Dem crown: Bookies issue odds on margin of victory.
- Betting Opened On European Capital Of Culture 2020
- Tsipras odds-on (8/11) to leave this year - Grexit odds hit all time low (1/12)
- Laura Kuenssberg new BBC Political Editor favourite - odds slashed from 3/1 to 6/4
- Defeated Murray 4/9 Not To Add To His Solitary Wimbledon Success
- Scoop6 worth £250,000 on jam-packed Saturday
- Cabaye 2/1 To Score & Eagles To Soar?