Betting suspended in Bradford West as Galloway gamble continues
By Sarah Preece on 2012-03-28 10:40:03
BETTING HAS been suspended in the Bradford West By-election market according to Ladbrokes.
The bookies had to pull all markets as the heavyweight gamble on the Respect MP showed no sign of stopping, with his price in to 10/1 (from 33/1) at the last show.
Bets in excess of £200 a time had been struck in shops in the Bradford area as well as further afield while hot-favourites Labour failed to attract support.
Outsiders UKIP (66/1) were the only other party for any money while the Conservatives are yet to be backed at 16/1.
Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said: "Such was the volume of money for Galloway that we had to take a breather. If he does the business we'll be facing our biggest By-election payout in history."
Ladbrokes latest betting
Bradford West By-election
- Labour 1/25
- George Galloway 10/1
- Conservatives 16/1
- UKIP 66/1
- Liberal Democrats 100/1
- Premier League Favourites Man City 80/1 To Go Unbeaten As Big Two Win
- Scoop6 unclaimed after Ajaya success
- Transfer update - Neymar 10/1 for United - Stones odds-onto sign for Chelsea again
- Matter Of Tyne? - Rooney 2/1 To Outscore Newcastle
- Man City 5/4 Favourites For Title - Chelsea 10/11 To FinishTrophy-Less
- Happy Monday For Manchester As City Overtake Chelsea
- Same Old Arsenal, Always Flattering? Gunners Drift For Title
- Premier League Relegation - New Kids On The Block 13/2 To Hang Tough
- Ambitious Boro & Derby Dominate Championship As Kick Off Looms
- Ashes Betting - Homeboy Broad Ties The Aussies In Notts