Betting suspended in Bradford West as Galloway gamble continues
By Sarah Preece on 2012-03-28 10:40:03
BETTING HAS been suspended in the Bradford West By-election market according to Ladbrokes.
The bookies had to pull all markets as the heavyweight gamble on the Respect MP showed no sign of stopping, with his price in to 10/1 (from 33/1) at the last show.
Bets in excess of £200 a time had been struck in shops in the Bradford area as well as further afield while hot-favourites Labour failed to attract support.
Outsiders UKIP (66/1) were the only other party for any money while the Conservatives are yet to be backed at 16/1.
Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said: "Such was the volume of money for Galloway that we had to take a breather. If he does the business we'll be facing our biggest By-election payout in history."
Ladbrokes latest betting
Bradford West By-election
- Labour 1/25
- George Galloway 10/1
- Conservatives 16/1
- UKIP 66/1
- Liberal Democrats 100/1
- Indian Premier League: Kolkata Knight Riders v Delhi Daredevils Odds and Betting Preview
- Indian Premier League: Royal Challengers Bangalore v Mumbai Indians Odds and Betting Preview
- Indian Premier League: Sunrisers Hyderabad v Rajasthan Royals Odds and Betting Preview
- Indian Premier League: Chennai Super Kings v Kings XI Punjab Odds and Betting Preview
- City Drift To 6-1 For Title After Being Held By Sunderland
- Betfred unmoved by Sandiva success
- Indian Premier League: Delhi Daredevils v Royal Challengers Bangalore Odds and Betting Preview
- £3m Scoop6 highlight of totepool Easter eggstravaganza
- Arsenal's Odds Shorten For Top Four Finish
- Messi Back To His Best In El Clasico? Real Madrid 14/1 For Trophy Treble