Betting suspended in Bradford West as Galloway gamble continues
By Sarah Preece on 2012-03-28 10:40:03
BETTING HAS been suspended in the Bradford West By-election market according to Ladbrokes.
The bookies had to pull all markets as the heavyweight gamble on the Respect MP showed no sign of stopping, with his price in to 10/1 (from 33/1) at the last show.
Bets in excess of £200 a time had been struck in shops in the Bradford area as well as further afield while hot-favourites Labour failed to attract support.
Outsiders UKIP (66/1) were the only other party for any money while the Conservatives are yet to be backed at 16/1.
Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said: "Such was the volume of money for Galloway that we had to take a breather. If he does the business we'll be facing our biggest By-election payout in history."
Ladbrokes latest betting
Bradford West By-election
- Labour 1/25
- George Galloway 10/1
- Conservatives 16/1
- UKIP 66/1
- Liberal Democrats 100/1
- Well Backed Arsenal 10/1 For Chelsea Double As Gunners Shorten Again For Title
- Are Big Spending Arsenal title challengers?
- Community Shield! Cech & Co 5/2 To Keep Clean Sheet Against Chelsea
- £650,000 reward for Scoop6 glory
- Fat Chance? Rafa & Jose 7/2 To Be Grouped Together In ChampionsLeague
- FIFA President: Platini Favourite - Will Blatter Go Quietly?
- Lions Tamer Without Benteke & Delph As Villa Cut For Relegation
- Ladbrokes: Farron huge favourite for Lib Dem crown: Bookies issue odds on margin of victory.
- Betting Opened On European Capital Of Culture 2020
- Tsipras odds-on (8/11) to leave this year - Grexit odds hit all time low (1/12)