Lee McKenzie favourite to replace Jake Humphrey as BBC F1anchor - Jeremy Clarkson 100/1 outsider
By Sarah Preece on 2012-09-18 11:36:39
McKenzie on pole position to replace Humphrey
Lee McKenzie is the early favourite to replace Jake Humphrey as the lead Formula 1 presenter on BBC according to Ladbrokes.
The pit-lane reporter who stood in for Humphrey during Euro 2012 has emerged as the front runner at 10/1 to become the lead presenter next year after Humphrey departs the BBC to host BT Vision's Premier League 2013/14 coverage.
Former ITV F1 anchor Steve Rider is given a 12/1 chance of taking over the role, with Rishi Persad quoted as the third favourite in the market at 14/1. However it's an outside shot at 100/1 that the equally loved and loathed Top Gear presenter, Jeremy Clarkson, lands the gig.
Humphrey's co-hosts Eddie Jordan and David Coulthard are both chalked up at 16/1 along with Colin Murray and Gabby Logan, and Georgie Thompson is 20/1 to make the switch over from Sky Sports.
Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: "McKenzie's on pole position to replace Jake as the BBC's lead anchor. Although Steve Rider's the second favourite we're confident that the Beeb will keep things in-house."
Ladbrokes latest betting
To replace Jake Humphrey as the lead presenter of BBC's Formula 1 coverage
- 10/1 Lee McKenzie
- 12/1 Steve Rider
- 14/1 Rishi Persad
- 16/1 Eddie Jordan
- 16/1 David Coulthard
- 16/1 Colin Murray
- 16/1 Gabby Logan
- 20/1 Matt Baker
- 20/1 Georgie Thompson
- 25/1 Ben Edwards
- 25/1 John Inverdale
- 25/1 Suzi Perry
- 33/1 James Allen
- 33/1 Ted Kravitz
- 33/1 Simon Lazenby
- 33/1 David Croft
- 33/1 Manish Bhasin
- 33/1 Charlie Webster
- 50/1 Clare Balding
- 50/1 Gary Lineker
- 100/1 Jeremy Clarkson
- Others on request
- FIFA President: Platini Favourite - Will Blatter Go Quietly?
- Lions Tamer Without Benteke & Delph As Villa Cut For Relegation
- Ladbrokes: Farron huge favourite for Lib Dem crown: Bookies issue odds on margin of victory.
- Betting Opened On European Capital Of Culture 2020
- Tsipras odds-on (8/11) to leave this year - Grexit odds hit all time low (1/12)
- Laura Kuenssberg new BBC Political Editor favourite - odds slashed from 3/1 to 6/4
- Defeated Murray 4/9 Not To Add To His Solitary Wimbledon Success
- Scoop6 worth £250,000 on jam-packed Saturday
- Cabaye 2/1 To Score & Eagles To Soar?
- Landale heads BBC Political Editor betting; Isabel Hardmantipped as outside bet.