Another internet campaign threatens to take on X Factor winner for Christmas number one
By Tom Goulding on 2010-10-27 16:24:27
After last year`s X Factor winner Joe McElderry was usurped to the title of `Christmas number one` by an internet campaign to get recalcitrant band Rage Against The Machine to the top of the charts in Christmas week, a more humourous campaign threatens a repeat of history. The campaign on social networking site Facebook aims to get 1963 classic Surfin` Bird by the Trashmen to number one after its reference in cartoon series Family Guy; however, the campaign is still in its embryonic stages.
You can bet that the winner of the X Factor is also Christmas number one at 2/5 (bet £5 to win £2) with Ladbrokes, while it is 5/2 with Paddy Power that the Christmas number one is any other record than the winner of the X Factor. Ladbrokes are offering 7/4 that the Christmas number one is the result of another campaign, and the Trashmen campaign looks the most likely of any internet campaign to threaten real pop artists, despite it being based less on rebellion and anti-establishment and more so on a wave of appreciation for the antics of Family Guy character Peter Griffin.
The Trashmen specifically are 7/2 with William Hill to win the chart-topping title, while Take That are quoted at 15/1 with Ladbrokes and Matt Cardle, who is the clear favourite to win the ITV competition, is 7/4 with Ladbrokes to be number one come yuletide.
- Indian Premier League: Rajasthan Royals v Chennai Super Kings Odds and Betting Preview
- Man United Share Price Tipped To Fall Following Moyes Sacking
- Ronnie O'Sullivan now odds-on favourite to win World Championship
- Van Gaal Clipped As Klopp Takes A Walk In The Man U Market
- Van Gaal favourite to replace Moyes
- Early surge for Van Gaal to Old Trafford
- Burnley 9/1 for top half finish
- Burnley 13/8 To Avoid Premier League Drop
- Ryan Giggs favourite to be next permanent Man Utd manager
- Ryan Giggs 5/1 favourite to replace David Moyes - Betting suspended on sack race